I updated my blog software tonight. I even created a test blog to make sure I upgraded correctly. All went well, I thought, except for a few extra commands I had to add to the config file. Well, it turns out some of those commands changed my character set and my kanji no longer showed up AND all my apostrophes and dashes changed to strange characters. Luckily, my coding skills helped me out – I had commented all the new code and understood that the character set had changed. I removed all the config file improvements and I think everything is fine.
If you notice any problems, please let me know.